By Carol Carter
1. Atlanta Jazz Festival. Piedmont Park. May 25-27. Why? Because there’ll be great music. It’s outdoors. It’s free.
2. Brew at the Zoo. Zoo Atlanta. May 25. Why? Let’s see, you can sample beer and wine while you walk through the zoo listening to live music. Might be more fun that you can stand. (Or not.)
3. The Charlie Daniels Band. Stone Mountain Park. May 26. Why? Because Charlie Daniels is a music legend and the band is an old favorite.
4. Six Flags Over Georgia. Just west of town. All weekend. Why? Because there’s a new roller coaster that is 40-feet higher than mega-coaster Goliath.
5. “Under the Sea” IMAX film. Fernbank Museum of Natural History. May 25. Why? You get up close and personal with sea creatures. It’s cool inside, and we don’t mean just the temperature.
6. Military Timeline. Atlanta History Center. May 25. Why? You will learn about wars starting with the Revolutionary War all the way up through today. Lots of related activities.
Now get going.
Carol Carter writes for Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau.